Let's Submit some Indiana Dairy Recipes for National Cookbook!
Do you love to cook? Do you have a special family recipe you’d like to share? Then we need you!
Your dairy checkoff organizations are teaming up to create the Dairy Comfort Cookbook (working title).
This cookbook will be published to celebrate the National Dairy Council’s 100th anniversary (and National Dairy Month!) in June 2015. The cookbook will include not only many the delicious recipes that incorporate dairy into meals, but also stories about dairy farm families across the country.
See below for specific information about rules regarding recipe submission. Let’s make sure Indiana’s dairy farms are well-represented in this cookbook!
Producer Relations Coordinator
American Dairy Association Indiana Inc.
What Types of Recipes Are Included?
Initial plans are for recipes to be aligned into traditional times of the day:
· Sunrise – ways to incorporate cereal/milk in new ways, coffee-based beverages, egg dishes, smoothies, and other breakfast offerings
· Midday – soups and salads, sandwiches, casseroles and brunch items
· After-chores – snacks, shakes/frappes and other beverages
· Sundown – appetizers, main dishes, casseroles/slow cooker, sides
· Celebrations – occasion-based recipes, including holidays, “game-time” parties, “Sunday Supper” or other family and friend get-togethers
Call for Recipe Submissions – Dairy Comfort Cookbook
Call for Recipes …
Dairy farmers, friends of the industry and dairy lovers across the country share your dairy-based recipes. They can be healthy or indulgent, easy to prepare, offer comfort, and/or have been – and can be – passed along from generation to generation.
Please note that submissions must be original. “Original” recipes must:
· Have at least two ingredients that are changed from a previously shared, copyrighted recipe
· Have different cooking instructions/directions from the original
· Have a different recipe name/title
By submitting your recipe(s), you agree that your recipe(s) becomes the sole property of Dairy Management Inc.™ (DMI), and that DMI reserves the right to edit, adapt, copyright, publish, transfer, or use any or all of your recipe(s) without compensation. Not all submitted recipes will be included in the Dairy Comfort Cookbook. DMI will select recipes for inclusion in the Dairy Comfort Cookbook in its sole discretion.